2.18.2010

Hi Dandelion Moms!

Feels good to blog again after a long, dry spell! These dry, barren spots have also shown up in my spiritual life lately. This morning, God led me to Isaiah 54 and I thought back on one of Marcus' sermons. (more on this later)

I find it sooo easy to praise God during fertile times of plenty. I can relax, confidently reaping bountiful blessings. Then comes the drought. My green fields turn beige, cracking wide open. I draw into a tight ball of fear, doubt, and hopelessness. Misery! I want my default response to be the same as in plenty: confidence and hope in the Lord, walking by faith and not by sight.

The Marcus sermon on Is. 54 (v 1-2) explained how even in unproductive seasons, God wants me to praise Him, stretch myself spiritually, and strengthen my relationships. Even when I hurt. Especially when I hurt. Results God promises are in v 3 . God will expand His use of me, and my kids will inherit the nations! Verse 13 (and following) gets even better. My children will be taught by the Lord and they will have peace, free from terror and far from destruction or oppression. Loving that!

Dear God, "Remind me to worship while I'm waiting" for your works to be seen. Thank you for placing others in my life to hold me accountable. Let me love You more. In Jesus name!

2 comments:

Darla (Andrew's Mom) said...

Hey everyone! My name is Darla and I will be joining the group tomorrow evening. Looking forward to my first Connect Group.

Valerie Berns said...

Thanks for your comment, Darla! Can't wait to meet you tonight. Praying God's blessing on our group. :)